It is the Board’s policy that, above all else, its meetings be conducted:
- With fairness for all concerned
- With sufficient attention to detail as to be responsible for the direction of the Association;
- In as expeditious a manner as possible;
- With the best interests of the Association always considered of foremost importance;
- With attention paid to the discussion and determination of matters of policy only, leaving the day-to-day operation of the Association in the hands of the Chief Executive Officer.
The following order shall be applied to all items listed on the Agenda. The Chair shall preserve order and decorum, and shall decide questions of order and procedure not otherwise provided for in the Association policies and rules. In the absence of the Chair, the Vice-Chair shall perform all duties assigned to the Chair by these policies and the Association’s Bylaws.
The Chair will:
Any member of the audience desiring to address the board
- Introduce each agenda item and, where appropriate, ask for the staff report;
- Open for Public Comment and following such, close Public Comment;
- Open for Board discussion;
- Where appropriate, call for a motion and then vote.
on a matter on the agenda must proceed to the rostrum at the given time and, after receiving recognition from the Chair, give your name and your comments or questions. In order that all interested parties have an opportunity to speak, please be brief and limit your comments to the specific subject under discussion. Time limitations on individual speakers or on groups of speakers on a particular topic shall be at the discretion of the Chair, to allow for the orderly and efficient conduct of the meeting.
Disorderly conduct during meetings will not be tolerated including, but not limited to the use of threatening, profane, or abusive language. Any person engaging in such conduct shall be issued a single warning by the Chair and, if the conduct persists, asked to leave the meeting. If that person refuses to leave, the meeting may be adjourned. Pursuant to Government Code Section 54957.9, if a group willfully interrupts a meeting and order cannot be restored, the room may be cleared.