The following steps and definitions will help you in completing your entries for the 2018 Christmas Faire.
Participants in the Christmas Faire must be residents of Napa, Sonoma, or Lake counties.
All entries must be made online or in person. If you do not have Internet access or need assistance with your entries, please visit us Tuesday through Friday from 9 am to 4 pm or call us at (707) 942-5111. We are here to help!
Include the title or description for each item. Be sure that your information is complete and accurate.
Registration for all categories will close on Thursday, November 15, 2018. Exhibits entered in a previous Christmas Faire are not eligible. Submission of entries implies acceptance of all conditions as stated in these rules.
All entries must be labeled with the name and phone number of the exhibitor and the Division and Class being entered. (See individual Departments for additional labeling requirements.)
Must provide an ingredient list. We highly recommend sharing your recipe for our 50th Anniversary Recipe Booklet coming out next year!
Home & Hobby and Arts & Crafts: Thursday, November 15th from
Culinary Arts, Professional Gingerbread Houses, Friday, November 30th from 7- 10 am
Identifying exhibitor tags will be provided and installed when exhibits are received. Names are revealed after judging is completed. Any additional signs, courtesy or educational, must be approved by Fair Management.
Although reasonable efforts will be undertaken to safeguard exhibitors’ property against loss, damage or theft, the County of Napa, the Napa County Fair Association and/or its contractors will not be responsible for any loss, damage or theft of exhibitors’ property brought on the premises during the period of the Christmas Faire. Every precaution will be taken in the handling and exhibiting of work; however, the exhibit must be picked up on Pickup Day. Exhibits not claimed one day after Pickup Day will be donated or discarded.
Fair Management has the authority to clarify this schedule for the proper conduct of the Faire, and exhibitors must in all cases conform. Accepted works shall NOT BE REMOVED from displays prior to the Pickup Day stated in these rules. Work must remain as displayed.
Fair Management reserves the right to cancel entries and cash and special awards and request the removal of exhibits from the Fairgrounds where exhibitors are disorderly, endangering or disturbing the public and other exhibitors.
All items must be picked up Saturday, December 1st from 4 - 4:30 pm. Items will not be released without a claim check.
Ball Jar Canning & Preserves Entrant Eligibility:
1. Eligible entries must be preserved in the same brand of jar and lid: Ball® Jar sealed with a Ball® Lid & Band specially designed for home canning, or Kerr™ Jar sealed with a Kerr™ Lid & Band specially designed for home canning.
2. Entries in the Soft Spread category must be prepared using Ball® Pectin: Classic, Low or No‐Sugar, or Liquid. Proof of pectin purchase (receipt or UPC) is required for qualification purposes only. It does not need to be submitted to Newell Brands Inc.
3. Entries must be labeled with product name, date of preparation, processing method, and processing time.
4. All preserved foods must be prepared within a one‐year (1 year) period prior to the judging date. QUALITY CRITERIA
* * Safety is of utmost importance. Any entry not in compliance with judging guidelines or exhibiting spoilage must be disqualified. Quality criteria are based on visual judging only. Refrain from tasting preserved food as part of the Ball® Fresh Preserving Award program. * *